View Single Post

Old 04-06-2018, 03:56 PM

Liked 1,654 Times in 585 Posts

First let me say that I am not trying to start an argument or tell anyone that they're method is incorrect. But I do not see how charging several cases in a row on a single stage press is safer than going start to finish on each round on a turret press. As long as you are capable of raising and lowering the handle it is virtually impossible to do a double charge. After the 4th stroke you have a fully finished round which seems to me to be a LOT safer than charging a whole bunch of cases then going back and seating the bullets afterwards. With each stroke of the handle the dies rotate to the next station. You would have to intentionally and manually move the dies back by hand to get a second charge in there. Even if you prefer to weigh each charge, which I have found necessary with some powders, you are still only charging one case at a time then finishing off the round. Also, I have noticed that all of my reloading manuals list a maximum safe charge. It is simply a matter of following the plainly outlined directions for safe charges. None of these powders will trick you into double charging. Simply follow the rules and you'll be fine.
The Following User Likes This Post: