View Single Post

Old 04-06-2018, 06:32 PM
US Veteran

Liked 13,189 Times in 4,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
That's a pretty ridiculous statement. Of course anyone can do anything legal. You might as well say, "As long as it's legal, it's legal." The question is, is it legal to do what they did.

Yes, I have the right to object. I might not have the right to go against their wishes, but I can object and no one can stop me.
Rastoff, you took that further than the "every building" item!

Yes, it is legal for them to do what they did. I was answering a question; if the answer came out odd it was unintentional. I was merely pointing out the fact that the property owner can, indeed, wand invitees, even without notice.

As for objecting, of course you can object. But you can't get into the door because you objected - you know that. I object to 55 mph speed limits on super highways but that and a couple of dollars will get me coffee.

===================================

You all understand, I hope, that I wrote this not to create a controversy but to point out an unusual procedure I encountered in a theater. It did not bother me. If it would bother you I understand. But it is a personal reaction, and a personal decision if you decide to leave, but not something to get vituperative about. It's the 21st century. America is on edge in many ways and checking for weapons is ever so typical in so many places in major cities, even here in Dallas, Texas.

I cannot expect everyone to be as cavalier about what I encountered as I was but it is not a violation of anything in the legal sense so it is just personal to each of us. Jus' sayin'.... let's not get totally wrapped around the axle on this.