View Single Post

Old 04-07-2018, 11:13 AM

Liked 13,531 Times in 5,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
Dick's/Field & Stream does the same thing around here. Our fine state was supposed to build a NICS-like system for ammo purchases, which they never did. So D/F&S took it upon themselves to log, for some ungodly reason, pistol permit numbers with handgun ammo sales.

They don't log anything for long-gun ammo sales, even when it's a pistol-caliber cartridge, because the clerks are poorly-trained and, I think, more interested in not creating problems for themselves than obeying their corporate masters.
We have a Dicks about 60 miles away we went to a few times in the past, it appears we have made our last visit there!

Some of the clerks in the rather decent/large gun department were good, many hardly knew the difference between a rifle and shot gun. They had a seriously good selection of ammo available and a coupon system that gave some very good values.

Before Christmas (thanksgiving night after 9PM) my wife and I did some shopping for presents for our boys and a couple other family members and ourselves. Wife bought ammo for 6 different handgun calibers along other items and each time the rather friendly clerk said. Oh this is pistol ammo and my wife would say no its for a carbine. One time we varied it with no its for a rifle just for the heck of it.

Our pistol permits never left our pockets and we walked out with plenty of assorted ammo, I also bought some rifle ammo for my .25-06 as it was very decently priced and my wife had a coupon for it that made it cheaper!.