View Single Post

Old 04-07-2018, 11:43 AM

Liked 533 Times in 171 Posts
Default Replaced the Ambi Safety on my CS9 Chiefs Special with LS version

So I just got back from vacation and was able to get around to installing the LS safety on my CS9. It’s one of the newer stainless models with ambi safety, but I don’t need the right side control. I bought the new part from Numrich along with a new sear disconnect lever in case I needed to do some fitting. There was no fitting required in this case. Here is a pic of my ambi safety removed next to the new LS safety

It was quite simple to install with the slide in a vise. Just have to pop out the tab on the right side of the ambi safety with a small punch to depress the plunger. Then depress the FPB plunger as you push in the firing pin to allow clearance to slide the safety out the left side. I checked my firing pin and spring while I had it removed. Here is a pic of my firing pin and spring next to a new spring

I then polished the new safety with a Dremel and also polished the channel inside the hole in the slide that the safety lever detent rides in, because why not at this point. I installed the new LS safety and tested until I was confident the safety is gtg.

My CS9 is now even more lean and mean than before. I’ve got the 3913tsw Delrin grips I cut down, the metal Kahr mag base mod I got from this forum, and now the LS safety. I’m even contemplating grinding a few mils off the LS safety to further reduce the slide profile, but I definitely like it this way for now. I really can’t say enough about having a modded CS9 available for carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Mercs; 04-07-2018 at 01:26 PM.
The Following 21 Users Like Post: