View Single Post

Old 04-07-2018, 01:20 PM

Liked 9,310 Times in 3,723 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BE Mike View Post
I own none of the two, but two reasons I see it an upgrade, from what I gather, are superior trigger action and increased magazine capacity with smaller size.
Two big problems presented.
1) It is a new model, and buy a new model anything is often not prudent. A year or two of hard use by plenty of others is a good idea. I've had this experience with a semi-tractor (first year Mack CH) and a car (first year Ford Focus).

2) After the 320 debacle, which is still rippling out and a long way from resolved, I am among many who are concerned enough about Sig QC/QA and honesty/integrity that I would not buy anything from them at this point.This has been discussed at length on another forum that is populated mostly by hard use military and LE folks, and the conclusion is pretty ugly. I have friends who have been involved in testing and review in several settings, and their reports are not good. Remember that it utterly failed the FBI testing, and the Army lowered the standard so the 320 could pass.

While I don't have a use for a Shield at this time, there is no question in my mind that if a use arose for which it was a good fit, I would have no real qualms about buying one.