View Single Post

Old 04-07-2018, 02:09 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,154 Times in 7,408 Posts

Having read the thread title, I was hesitant to venture here. I am not a common person; I am descended from a British baron of considerable influence in the 17th Century, whose son was made a baronet.

Having read the thread, it seems as if you common people are eating well.

At home,I usually just scramble eggs and have cereal bars or whole wheat bread.

Away from home, I go to IHOP and order a Rooty, Tooty, Fresh and Fruity breakfast, with plenty of coffee in both cases.

Well, sometimes, in deference to my ancestry, I have a cup or three of tea. I certainly have a few cups of tea throughout the day. I'm probably one of the better American customers of tea merchants like Twining's and Taylor's of Harrogate.

And I put honey on the bread. I quite like honey.

My son prefers Denny's to IHOP, but I get heartburn from Denny's. Too much bad grease, I think. My daughter agrees with me: definitely IHOP. The son is a literal genius, but he likes Denny's and owns a nickel-plated gun! There's no accounting for some tastes! (Which is what Peter Hathaway Capstick told me when I said that I enjoyed his books...)

I'll now leave and let you common folk get back to discussing your breakfasts. But I DO NOT agree with one among you who thinks that biscuits and gravy is a full breakfast. I want eggs, and if I don't have to fry it myself, I want ham and sausage, and maybe pancakes. I'll eat potatoes if they come with a meal and are good, otherwise not, at breakfast.

Oh: I like fresh fruit, especially kiwi fruit.

Last edited by Texas Star; 04-07-2018 at 02:22 PM.