View Single Post

Old 04-08-2018, 08:52 PM

Liked 164 Times in 58 Posts

I did the same thing. I carried various Glocks for years, both on duty at my PD job and off duty. Got sick and tired of Glock's condescending, ****** customer service and the overall "bleh" feel of the gun a few years ago and started looking for a replacement for my G19.

After LOTS of research, I finally decided on an M&P 2.0 in 9mm and bought one about a month or so ago. Lots of factors came into play in the decision for the M&P instead of a Walther PPQ or H&K VP9 or something like that, mainly price of replacement mags (gimmie a break, I support my family on a cop's pay!) and availability of holsters and accessories.

Overall, I am HIGHLY satisfied with my choice. I absolutely LOVE my M&P. Accurate, reliable (so far, not quite 300 rds through it), great trigger, fits my hand like it was made for it and, despite what I initially thought, I love the grip texture. I shoot the M&P better and more accurately than my G19, too, even though I have shot Glocks for 25 years or so and the M&P for a measly 300 rds. Overall, I can't wait to qualify with the M&P and start carrying it.

There are a few minuses. I may still lightly sand the grip texture a little because I can see it wearing expensive duty shirts and pants quickly. It is heavier than a comparable Glock, but not by much. While accessories are more available than they are for the PPQ or VP9, they still aren't as available as Glocks. Mags, while considerably less than the others, are still a little more expensive than Glocks. When you look at the overall package, though, I think it is still worlds better than the Glocks. Glocks aren't bad guns, but they are just kinda "bleh" and, for me, their CS is horrible. The M&P is great and, although I have never had to use it, their CS is reputed to be outstanding. I'm happy with my choice and would make it again in a minute.
The Following 15 Users Like Post: