View Single Post

Old 04-10-2018, 01:42 AM

Liked 238 Times in 95 Posts
Default Returned to the past with a Model 915

Hey,

I'm not sure if manufacturers are producing so many DAO polymer pistols because people are buying them or people are buying them because manufacturers are flooding the semi-auto market with them.

It's a given that striker fired polymers cost less to produce than steel and alloy DA/SA pistols. So I suspect we'll be seeing even fewer pistols with external hammers being produced in the days to come.

I own a few polymer striker fired pistols. I carry a PM9. Good gun. It serves its purpose.

But I've missed going to the range and thumbing back the hammer on a semi-auto.

I was in a shop today where I've bought a few firearms and noticed an old Model 915 on the bottom shelf of a three shelf case. It was in the back left corner.

I asked the owner how long it had been there and was told "A few months I guess." He went behind the counter, took it out of the case and handed it to me.

I asked if I could field strip it and he gave me the go ahead. It was clean, no real wear on the rails. I don't think it was shot or handled much.

I asked if he wanted to get rid of it and he told me $375 plus tax and the $5 background check. This would have put it just over $400.

I said, "No wonder it's been sitting there for months." And I said see you later and headed for the door.

Then he said, "I know you want it. What do you want to pay?" I had a bunch of $20s on me and a few $1s.

I peeled off $300 in $20s, put them on the counter and said, "Out the door." He said he HAD to get more than that. So I took out a $1 and put it on top of the $20s.

He called me a name that implied my parents weren't married, but he accepted the offer.

And then I asked far a week to return it if there was anything wrong with it. He agreed to that saying, "There's nothing wrong with that pistol. You're gonna love it."

I'd say it's in VG+ condition and came with one original mag and one Mec-Gar.

I'm no master negotiator but I've spent a few bucks in his store and he knows it, so he gave me the deal.

I never owned a 915 before but know a couple of guys who do and swear by them.

I gotta get to the range tomorrow and see how well it runs. Can't wait to cock that hammer and fire it.

Do any of you guys have any tips, tricks or other info about the 915? If you do, I'd like to hear what you have to say.

Thanks

Last edited by mikem; 04-10-2018 at 02:02 AM.
The Following 10 Users Like Post: