View Single Post

Old 04-10-2018, 01:54 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 37,437 Times in 4,593 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
I think 4 or 5 shells of 00 buck with a side saddle of 5 more is plenty for engaging multiple targets.

There are stories of GI’s in ww1 and ww2 using the standard 5 shot Winchester 1897 to take out entire rows of a trench, or to take on multiple enemy soldiers to great effect.

Train on topping off the tube and a standard pump shotgun is one of the most effective and devastating handheld weapons one can procure

Just my opinion
In 1975 or there abouts, an old man came into a store with a shotgun that he wanted to sell. I was the only other person in the store, so I said to the owner go take care of the old man. I was just gawking at the cases anyway. Well the old man whipped out a Model 97 riot gun( a true cyl. stamped bbl). The old man said what local police dept it came from, and sold it for 125.00. He even said how he sent it back to Winchester for reconditioning. The gun was still on the counter, and the old man was gone and I said to the owner I want the gun. not really knowing what it was, but it sure was pretty. The owner said ok, I will make a quick 10.00 and you can have it for 135.00. I grabbed it so fast it got windburn. It is still today one of my prized posessions, and it is loaded with a tube full of # 2 shot, with xtra extra shells handy and a 1911
The Following 2 Users Like Post: