View Single Post

Old 04-10-2018, 04:32 PM
Banned

Liked 4,549 Times in 2,011 Posts
Default IN WHAT UNIVERSE?

[QUOTE=m657;

re: "The recoil signatures will be different, and shooters will differ in which they prefer, but the bowling pin should react the same to both."[/QUOTE]

EVEN IF ALL the pins were the same brand/size/wt and have NEVER been shot, they WILL NOT react the same (as 2 "identical" shots hand held are almost impossible), throw an uneven not "PERFECTLY" level table, and used pins weighed down/lumpy/bumpy will throw off their balance. TO, please answer my questions: respectfully, do your own homework. Not only is it "impossible" for someone tell you what will work best for YOU and your gun, there's the issue of giving out load info liability,& being blamed if it didn't work well for YOU. RPG, it sounds like you guys threw "the rule book" WAY out the window. I've seen many "variations". We do a 3 gun shoot, rimfire, centerfire revolver, & centerfire semi auto. 4 tables @ 25' with 5 pins on each. On either end of the table the 2 outer pins are app 1' higher than the other pins. 1 table has a green pin that has to be hit first, and one table with a red pin that has to be hit last, with time penalties added for pins shot out of order. The table with the slowest time gets dropped & the avg time of the remaining 3 tables is your score. Want to use a high cap magazine? KNOCK YOURSELF OUT, 5 clean shots almost always win. Any table with a time of 5 seconds or less is "pretty good", Times of 15+ seconds are not uncommon. I "think" I may have cleared a few tables in the high 3's (MY VERY BEST). AVERAGE times tend to range higher 6-8ish seconds MAYBE for me. BOTTOM LINE, you will have fun regardless of what the timer says, or what gun/bullet you use.

Last edited by nachogrande; 04-11-2018 at 06:00 PM.