View Single Post

Old 04-10-2018, 05:30 PM
Banned

Liked 4,324 Times in 1,793 Posts

Have you wondered why everyone wants to compare the 365 to the 43 and go ga-ga over all the extra rounds in the Sig?

It's called a Glock 26. It's barely even bigger than the Sig--about .25", measured at the slide stop, the Glock's widest part. The rest of the dimensions are about the same. Once you factor in the holster, there's barely a difference. For that tiny increase in width, you get:

--All the holsters, ever. Everybody makes a holster compatible with the 26. And if the holster is open-bottomed, generally-speaking, the same holster that fits a 26 will also take a 19, or a 17, or even a 34, or their .40/.357 Sig counterparts.

--A pistol that's been "field-tested" for years.

--Whatever accessories you want. Dozens of different sights, magazine baseplates, etc. And I haven't even gotten into all the parts that are stupid to put on a carry pistol.

Is the Sig 365 a bad gun? Probably not. I doubt that Sig will manage to screw up at Remington levels. I won't even dogpile them for early recalls and issues, because anybody that watches the pistol game knows that everybody has those problems with new models.

Is it some kind of revolutionary, game-changing pistol? Hardly. And certainly not any more than last spring's revolutionary game-changer, or the one before that, or the one before that.
The Following 9 Users Like Post: