View Single Post

Old 04-11-2018, 03:20 PM

Liked 238 Times in 95 Posts

Years ago, in the late 80s, maybe early 90s, the Chief of Campus Security of a local small college switched over from .38 revolvers to P89s. He was a good friend of mine.

The school's board of directors got wind of the change in less than a week and had a collective fit. Remember, this was way back when.

Their attitude was, "We don't need semi-auto pistols on our campus. Go back to the revolvers."

The Chief still had the revolvers and did as he was instructed. But he was very unhappy.

He got approval from the school's bean counters to sell them. They worked closely with that board of directors and the attitude was, "Just get rid of them. We don't want them on campus."

He let me buy the P89s for a song. There were 20 of them.

I gave the Chief one, kept one for myself and I sold the rest for a very nice profit.

When they were all gone, I took the Chief to dinner and, over some very nice steaks, handed him an envelope and told him to open it at home. We never really discussed it again.

I still have mine.

Yep, built like tanks and almost as reliable as Makarovs, the most reliable pistol ever made.

They are great pistols.

Last edited by mikem; 04-11-2018 at 03:42 PM.
The Following 8 Users Like Post: