View Single Post

Old 04-11-2018, 04:06 PM

Liked 6,617 Times in 2,199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdude View Post
Despite what the above list says, i don't really believe that Mecgar makes the S&W Shield mags which have those self-collapsing springs and S&W did attempt to make new springs last yr. with "NO" success!
So, when someone from the company says the magazines are delayed because they haven't arrived from their manufacturer in Europe, you think that means it's because they're American-made, and then shipped to Europe to be shipped back?

I didn't think it was important enough to make notes, but last I remembered (talking with factory folks), M&P 40/9 mags are made by Mec-Gar, the M&P 45 mags were made overseas, and then had the new Teflon finish applied in the US, and then they planned to start having the .45 mags produced here.

I didn't make any notes about mag manufacturer(s) from the Shield armorer class, although I did make a note that were warned not to remove the plastic sleeve from the extended mags. The sleeve is there to prevent over-insertion of the mag, because if the mag is shoved up further than designed it can can cause damage to the ejector.

Also, looking at my notes, I'd forgotten that S&W has changed over to manufacturing their own steel sights for the M&P's (including the Shield). The night sight capsules are added by Trijicon (unless they've also changed that in the last year ).