View Single Post

Old 04-11-2018, 06:31 PM
Banned

Liked 4,549 Times in 2,011 Posts
Default NOPE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m657 View Post
nacho: guess you disagree with reply #11 where that quote originated;

the use of the falling stop plates was somebody's excellent realization timer isn't necessary for the type of match the local pin director wanted; plate is about 3-4" diameter on a ground level stand; sitting side by side, not parallel but aimed to cross the path of the other; with very close times the one that hits the bottom first is the judged the winner of that stage. If it seems a 'tie' the one on top is judged slower and heads for the double elimination loser board. Go slow twice you're out.

No matter what size magazine, only 6 per round are loaded. And yes, if you have to shoot at one twice regardless of the reason, it's likely you're going home early.

I've seen plenty of accurate 9s & 38 shooters that were not hot loads, continue to the last few brackets.
The only thing I disagree with, is the NEED for hyper velocity and a high PF. Actually hitting the pin matters most, IMO. The rest is just differences in how one plays the game. If you are having fun, how "wrong" can it be? I like timers cuz they are impartial, give you an actual numerical speed/time vs "you were slower/faster than the other guy. If everyone is paying the same amount of $ to play, IMO all should get the same amount of trigger time. I'm NOT SAYING my clubs way is better or worse than anothers, just that the best & worst shooters get the same chances to shoot at the same # of tables. It is more fun/inviting & tends to attract more people to give it a try, as it is not intimidating to beginners or experienced players.