View Single Post

Old 04-11-2018, 07:02 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,154 Times in 7,408 Posts
Default Help Get a New Buck Knife!

(See video of phenolic handle Model 117)

I just got off the phone with a lady in Buck Knives customer service dept.

I asked about the Model 117 knife with black phenolic handle that I've seen on YouTube.

Turned out it was made for a Buck distributor & what's out there is what there is: it's not now being made.

With the black phenolic handle, it looks like a smaller Model 119 and should be very popular. I don't understand why they haven't been making it for years.

It's enough larger than the little Model 102 to be very worthwhile and just a bit smaller than a Model 105. I think blade length is 4.5 inches. The lady said the handle is either the same as Model 105 or very close.

She mentioned that Buck management holds a weekly meeting in which they discuss customer feedback and it can result in a new knife being introduced!

If you'd like a Model 117 WITH BLACK PHENOLIIC RESIN HANDLE, write or call Buck.

The phone number's (800) 326-2825. They're on Pacific time.

Model 117 is usually made only in an ugly version with rough leather handle and black blade.Only a limited run was made of the black handle form. And the sheath wasn't really made for the knife. YouTube reports suggest they may have been shipped with Model 105 sheaths.

So: ask Buck for the black phenolic handle that typifies their traditional sheath knives and ask that a proper sheath be supplied and this be offered as a standard item in their line.

From the videos, I think the interest would be there. This is probably a very handy knife, good for outdoors use and would make a good small defense knife, too.

Watch the Model 117 videos on YouTube and I think you'll be enthused.

Call or write to Buck and let's get this ball rolling!

Last edited by Texas Star; 04-11-2018 at 07:29 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: