View Single Post

Old 04-11-2018, 07:44 PM

Liked 5,210 Times in 2,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
So now it's "a lot" of pistol manufacturers have their mags made by Mec-Gar.You seem very certain. Please name just a few of the many.

I have been told the same thing again and again over many years. But no one has ever been able name a single company which has its "OEM" mags manufactured by a different company.

If this is even true, I don't understand the big hush hush deal.

Do people think Mercedes Benz manufactures all its parts?
Every Paraord, S&W, and Browning magazine I have (15 different pistols) was made by MECGAR (some or all of the production). The recent Browning HIPo magazines were made by MECGAR with the little springs on the bottom; MECGAR sells the same magazine without the little springs under MECGAR name. HiPo magazines patents ran out ago, except for Brownings new patent on the little ejection springs.
See the AKdude list above from MECGAR for another dozen companies with some or all of their magazines made by MECGAR. Companies are not required to mark parts made by suppliers.

As to who believes what, or doesn't, not my problem. MECGAR never has made a secret of it...?. Parts do not have to be marked with country of origin. Do you see "Made in Brazil" on a Ford engine?

Last edited by OKFC05; 04-11-2018 at 08:06 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: