View Single Post

Old 04-11-2018, 08:03 PM
Banned

Liked 1,609 Times in 660 Posts

With the way how we do pin matches down here we just load 6 rounds, set up 5 pins, no time limit. No stopwatch, no buzzer. All we have is a RO that gives out the command to "load & make ready", "shooter on the ___ ready?" "shooter on the ___ are you ready?" "shooters......Fire!"

Then it's whoever clears the most pins. If there's a tie, then the pins stay and we load up another 6 rounds and at the start it's "sudden death".

But remember guys. We stagger the pins. I mean we cut the top 6" off the pins and stagger them, 3 pin bodies, and two pin tops. At 15-17 yards. it's not as easy as one would think. To shoot at a 6" tall by 2" wide target at 45 feet with full power 357 magnum with only a few tries. I've been doing this for years with a revolver and yes, on a good day i can clear the table.

Here's a photo of one of my 148 grain 38 special wadcutter loaded up with 2.7gr Titegroup. The point is, try to find a balance of knock down power and good recoil management for a quick and accurate follow up shot. By the way, I took this shot at 45' with a 4" heavy barrel model 10-8. (yes, this pin went flying 3' behind the table) lol

Last edited by RGVshooter; 04-12-2018 at 12:20 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: