View Single Post

Old 04-12-2018, 10:04 AM

Liked 1,661 Times in 691 Posts

Interesting to say the least.

The rules are?
There are no rules.

WC's do extremely well on plates/bowling pins/paper. They are also easy to reload seeing how they have so many different lube/crimp grooves. Take your 158gr load and bullet. Mark the seating depth of the 158gr bullet on the wc. Crimp the wc bullet in the crimp/lube groove that is the close to the mark. You are looking for the same case capacity.

Some plinking loads, nothing more than158gr fnhp's and 148gr wc's. The 158gr fnhp's are crimped in the bottom crimp groove & the 148gr wc's are crimped in the middle lube groove.

Bullets tend to be more accurate when moved out in the 38spl cases when being shot in 357 cylinders. Those loads pictured above/plinking/blammo ammo. Not hand picked targets by any means, nothing more then the actual test targets used to test 6-shot groups @ 50ft with the ammo pictured above.

The 148gr wc's actually had a little more case capacity so I bumped the powder up until both bullets had the same poa/poi.

Even with the wc's seated out the oal isn't too long for any of the 38spl revolvers I own.

You should try moving the wc's out/longer oal and use your standard loads from the 158's, 140's, 180's and see what happens. 1 of the loads should have the same poi/poa with the wc's.

I've ran 148gr wc's 1300fps+ in 357 cases with no problem. You can push them as hard as you want, they put a good smack on anything they hit.
The Following User Likes This Post: