View Single Post

Old 04-12-2018, 11:26 AM

Liked 17,297 Times in 6,648 Posts

Except for a few PC guns, they weren't designed for match grade accuracy. That the the ones that came off the regular production line are ALMOST that accurate is one of the best features of these guns.

Accurate, reliable, not ammo fussy. Oh, and durable. We're lucky to have JohnHL, Fastbolt, and others who can guide us on the few maintenance and repair issues that crop up from time to time.

There's an interesting article in a recent Shooting Illustrated about "service life". The author says that most police service weapons are turned in while they still have plenty of life left in them. They aren't used by decades as are military handguns.

Some of that seems to be "planned obsolescence" because the manufacturers make sexy new guns with "advanced features" and convince LE agencies that they need them.

That's good for us, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
From the article:

"Finally, I’ll admit something else–these guns aren’t match grade accurate."

Really? I guess it depends on what he means by "match grade." But... I haven't really noticed a big gap in accuracy between my Berettas/Sigs/3rd Gens. My 6904 always impresses me with the groups it's capable of. Same with my 1076 and 645.