View Single Post

Old 04-12-2018, 09:15 PM

Liked 1,511 Times in 446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachogrande View Post
Does the TSA get employees with secret service type pedigrees, for what they pay? I doubt it, nor does the avg screener get a say in what makes the NOT ALLOWED list. To any TSA members, I wouldn't want your job. NOT ALLOWED ITEMS are well posted. Here's a wild idea, since it's only been 17 years since 9/11. DON'T BRING NOT ALLOWED ITEMS INTO NOT ALLOWED PLACES. I came up with that one all on my own. At home or about town, do as you will.
What Can I Bring? | Transportation Security Administration

Go to the TSA website. The term "tactical pen" is not in the list of allowed/not allowed items.

"Pens" are allowed. There are no special instructions regarding pens.

"Kubotan" is not allowed. But I never considered a "Tactical pen" a "kubotan."

Knitting needles, with which one can easily kill with a well place puncture to the neck, are allowed in carry on. I'd rather face a tactical pen.

So are scissors with blades less than 4". I can separate those into two separate piercing instruments. I'd rather face a tactical pen.

The TSA needs to clarify the rules. A tactical pen is not a kubotan. Either ban it, or not.

As for the admonishments you advance, your only authority is the arbitrary and capricious judgment of the TSA agent. The OP did nothing wrong; your arguments are premised on non-existent authority.

Last edited by Pef; 04-12-2018 at 09:16 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: