View Single Post

Old 04-12-2018, 11:16 PM

Liked 942 Times in 295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narragansett View Post
I do not want to be misleading here, but I do own a couple stainless pistols. I am not against the use of stainless, but prefer a rich polished bluing, and a quality piece of walnut. I just do not think the appeal is there. Now a couple answers said todays firearms are the best for reliability. That may be so, and maybe relates more to pistols. Tough to beat a Mauser or Sako action in a rifle for reliability
I recently got a model 60, which I have wanted since they first came out. It was a question of availability and then cost for a long time but when I got serious about getting one....I bought the oldest one I could find.

I wanted a late 60's or early 70's with a pinned barrel and a real low R serial number or maybe even without the letter prefix.

Stainless is just a logical choice for me in this hot and humid climate because I pocket carry.

I've read a lot about whether this gun can fire +P ammo and for what the old model 60 cost me, I could have very easily bought a modern J frame with .357 capacity....so why the old gun?

The best reason I can come up with is that it is the gun that I wanted.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: