View Single Post

Old 04-13-2018, 12:22 AM

Liked 1,426 Times in 567 Posts

Good example. I read on a Spanish pistol board that there recently was about 45,000 of these imported, so now would be a good time to score one (I did). This has opened up the supply some on parts and mags, I think AIM is selling spares for $19. Mine came with 2, and it's part of a stable so I'm ok with that for now.

Just recently took mine to the range, and thought I'd share (it's a shame I don't have a chrony).

I took several brands of ammo; Magtech, Sellier & Bellot, and Yavex. For those who don't know, Yavex is a Turkish brand and perhaps the hottest/biggest flash-bang ammo out there. I generally shoot it from my CZ and Sig, but this time I decided to shoot it from the Star.

S&B and Magtech, no problem and nothing noticeable. Gun is heavy so it comes back on target nicely.
Shot a mag of Yavex- functions good, but BOOM! with 2+ ft fireballs. It was like a camera flash, and I don't mean a cheap cellphone flash either, I'm talking like a real strobe. Definitely more muzzle flip too.

Had people glance over at that

Gun seems solid, but I think I'll stick to the S&B for now in that. Will leave the Yavex for the bigger guns (have a Star 30MI that also likes this stuff).
The Following 3 Users Like Post: