View Single Post

Old 04-13-2018, 11:08 AM

Liked 12,672 Times in 3,376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
I like the idea of carrying a pre-postage-paid, self addressed shipping envelope along. With all the travel I do, I never thought of that. Of course then you have to hope that the TSA person posts it for you.

Bob
TSA used to mention the option and offer to drop it in the mail. I have not heard that in years however, and it raises the question whether they'd bother to drop it in the mail for you.

----

I was traveling outbound for a field evaluation and TSA found a full tube of toothpaste that my wife had packed in my carry on. They said I could not travel with 7.8 oz of tooth paste and pointed to the trash can.

I did not want to have to bother with buying tooth paste at my destination, so I went the trash can, removed the cap and squeezed out a little more than half, put the cap back on and put I back in my bag. The screener looked at me and said "I am not required to allow that on the plane." I replied "It's now less than 3.4 oz and you are not required to prevent it from going on the plane, nor are you required to give me a hard time about it." He waved me through.