View Single Post

Old 04-13-2018, 12:31 PM

Liked 7,086 Times in 3,003 Posts

I guess the Hornady is a decent machine... Better than a Dillon?? Probably not. My dealings with Hornady customer service is kind of spotty. Some of the people ae good...some not so. As far as their case feeder ..it seems to be a bit poorly made copy of the Dillon.. The bullet feeder is not even close to the quality of a Mr Bulletfeeder...so for about 100 dollars more I will have a good casefeeder and a great bullet feeder with my 650. Not trying to start a flame war. I have a couple of the Hornady machines and am still trying to decide if their 2 stage advance is better than the Dillon. Seems good but all my experience from the past since the 60s progressive machines I have had were of the "normal" mode. Both machines will make good ammo. one better than the other?? Nah not really. But when it comes to the end of the day...a used Dillon will usually fetch what you paid...or more. Not so with the Hornady. I have a couple of Hornady's machines right now...soon to be none. But I am reducing the herd of my reloading presses...Not even keeping my old Pacific Super Mags or even the RCBS A2s