View Single Post

Old 04-13-2018, 11:04 PM

Liked 228 Times in 118 Posts

No, I don’t much like the new guns out there, at least in my area of interest, which is handguns. And I’m kind of the gun version of the guy who camps out at the Apple store to get the newest iCrap. Except... we’ll, lately I’m kind of over it.

I like that Ruger, Colt, and Kimber renewed their interest in the revolver game with the LCR, Cobra, and K6s series, respectively in relatively recent years... I like that Springfield came out with a new hammer-fired XD pistol, even though I didn’t like the pistol itself for my wants or needs. But just about any other release on the handgun market from any major manufacturer is a clone of something else that’s a clone of something else that was a copy of a copy of the idea behind the Glock.

“Manufacturer A would like to announce a big surprise this year at SHOT Show! This one will change the game FOREVER.”

“Lemme guess, a striker-fired polymer pistol with a trigger that finds a perfect balance between gritty and squishy, and that has a proprietary grip design? One that they can do torture tests on for YouTube and that’ll be recalled for a massive safety problem in 3 months, so the repaired pistols can be torture tested again? And in another 6 months you’ll release it in Flat Dark Earth?”

“Um... yes. Yes, that’s what we have. BUT you can get ours in FDE right now if you want!”

No thanks. There hasn’t been much of any interest to me in the new gun cases for the last few years. We need new blood in the hammer-fired pistol gene pool, not just one entry from one company. We need some divergence away from “Glock killers” and pocket pistols. No judgment against anyone who likes them, it’s just to me they’re old news. End of grumpy rant.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: