View Single Post

Old 04-14-2018, 01:43 AM

Liked 942 Times in 295 Posts

I believe it was LBJ who said that the boys who work the ranch wear cowboy hats. The man that owns the ranch wears the Stetson Open Road.

Thanks for taking the time to share with us.
I will always notice nice boots, creased jeans, starched shirts, leather and steel. They are an investment that you make once in your life and then enjoy for years.

When I was coming up the rule of thumb my Daddy gave me was to never spend more than a day's wages for a hat and a week's wages for a pair of boots. Many a time I had to swallow hard for that pill to go down. Many a time I saw boots but kept on walking because of other obligations.

I passed that rule of thumb to my sons. I can't tell ya the pride I feel when I look down to see them wearing a $1,500 pair of boots. I'm probably wearing a pair of boots older than my son. Heeled and soled so many times I've lost count. My boys know and understand that feeling of pride in the rewards of a hard days work.

Feeling the way I do about the Stetson Open Road, you can imagine my excitement when I read about an estate sale up in Johnson City Texas. They had a list of Presidential memorabilia. Two Open Roads were listed. I did my homework and researched the hat size, dang it...He wore a 7 3/8....same as me.

That was the day that I tried to convince my wife that there was an exception to every rule. Oh yeah, I came home with a beautiful tan Open Road that was more than a little over budget.

Keep posting, great stuff.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: