View Single Post

Old 04-14-2018, 07:27 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default After 1200 rounds - I adjusted the gun to my hand.

With all respect (really!), my 9mm Shield shot left out of the box. My .357 does not. After 1200 rounds through my shield, I don't care if it's my grip, my finger pad or joint, or if I'm compensating for anticipated recoil - it's my gun and I'm comfortable with grip & finger placement - SO I adjust my gun to my shooting. I needed to drift the front sight 0.10" to the left. I bought & used a digital caliper, brass drift punch, and a small workbench vise with non-marring plastic jaws. I had already had tritium sights installed by a gunsmith, so the front sight's factory lock tight was already broken. Even so, drifting the sight takes a pretty hard rap on the punch! And with my own calipers I found the rear sight was off by 0.03, which I corrected.

I'm now getting 3" groups at 15 yards with the aim point in the center of the group, and my double taps are within a 6" group.

AND... if the groups start moving right, and my shooting still feels comfortable to my hand - I'll just move the front sight back toward the right.
PJ

Last edited by PajamaGuy; 04-14-2018 at 07:30 AM.