View Single Post

Old 04-14-2018, 01:11 PM

Liked 83 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRidgeBoy View Post
I don't know why you're griping, Mike. Three targets with 10-shot strings, yielding a 92 and two 95s. Those are solid Expert level scores. Many guys would kill to be able to shoot three 90+ targets in a row at 25 yards..........If you want to make Master keep working on fundamentals and consistency. That's the secret, and it ain't no secret! Stance, grip, breath control, sight picture, trigger control, follow through.
Hope this helps.
Hello again!!!! You have all kinds of great information about the M-52! ....and Thank You!

First, I hope to shoot a 3", maybe 3 1/2" group at 25 yards. Not sure if I'll ever get there, but I think it's within reach. Of course, every time I meet one of my goals, I want more!

About the M-52, I would also like to learn how to shoot one handed, but I still am lousy at it. I guess I should start working at that goal as well. I will never make "master" until my left hand stays in my pocket.

Not sure where that chart came from, but it has something in it I never realized. Yet one more thing I should have known, but didn't. I thought that you fire the gun, and keep your trigger finger all the way "in" for a couple of seconds. Now I see I'm wrong. From your chart, you continue to apply pressure to the trigger, the gun fires, but you still continue to apply additional pressure in one un-interrupted motion. The shot happens while the trigger is still moving inward, not after!! After seeing your illustration, it's now obvious to me, but I never even considered that before. You are the first person who showed this so clearly.

I now have a whole new way to think about shooting, and the real meaning of "follow-through".

Last edited by mikemyers; 04-14-2018 at 01:13 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: