View Single Post

Old 04-14-2018, 04:04 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,996 Times in 1,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddocktor View Post
Hey all, I was wondering if you have found that Dillon's shipping charges are getting not-so-good nowadays? I was floored how much they bumped up the charge when adding a pack of loading data labels to an order.

Now to the specifics. I went to order a new caliber conversion kit for 45 ACP, as I recently bought a 1911 and have started loading that caliber. And I'm getting tired of loading it on my old single stage press. So I went and added the conversion kit in my cart and entered in my zip code to figure shipping. With that input, the shipping was $9.99, which is on the high side of reasonable to me, no bigger than a conversion set is (blue box is about 4" x 3" x 1" and weighs no more than a lb or 2). I decided I might as well go ahead and add a pack of loading data labels while I was making the order since they are 4" x 2" and can't weigh more than 4-5 ounces so I added them to my cart and shipping jumped up $2 more to $11.99! Needless to say, the labels promptly came out of the cart before I placed my order, as that kind of bump up in shipping charge is just uncalled for, as adding those to my order wouldn't have needed a bigger package than what was already needed to ship the conversion kit.

It's a heck of a deal to see a company who used to have reasonable shipping charges going down this path. I know shipping has gone up for everyone, but they could have put both of those into a USPS small flat rate priority box for way less than $9.99, much less $11.99 and had room to spare in the box.
SHIPPING COSTS ARE OFTEN A DEAL BREAKER FOR ME---UNLESS, I AM REALLY IN DESPERATE NEED, OF A PARTICULAR ITEM, OFFERED ONLY BY A CERTAIN VENDOR.......