View Single Post

Old 04-14-2018, 05:49 PM

Liked 7,401 Times in 2,514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeS&W View Post
I have a new Classic Model 586 and my stocks look to be walnut not stained Birchwood. The 2017 Smith & Wesson product catalog list them as Classic Walnut Grips with Medallion.
The second picture are my stocks and they look like solid walnut and not laminated.
I'm no expert on wood grips so I couldn't tell you either way, so perhaps I'm wrong.

My information came from information I read online, including this taken directly from Altamont's website;

Frequently Asked Questions | Altamont Company

Quote:
What materials do you offer?

The materials available will depend on the gun you are outfitting. Most will be available in our super woods - Super Rosewood, Super Walnut, or Silverblack. These three are dyed birch laminates. We have experimented with many premium and synthetic materials and found these to be both durable and beautiful. We also offer bonded ivory, imitation stag, aged ivory, white pearl, pink pearl, and in some cases rubber, plastic, and premium woods.
Furthermore, if you check their selection of the new-style presentation grips, the dropdown menu only lists "Super Walnut" wood grips, with only the original "Coke Bottle" grips available in true American Walnut, and they don't look the same as yours at all.

The Following User Likes This Post: