View Single Post

Old 04-14-2018, 06:32 PM

Liked 9,973 Times in 2,064 Posts
Default 624 3" questions

**Got an email back from Earl Minot-mine didn’t ship from LH, no biggie, should be from 1986.**
***Still hoping to get feedback on that ms screw and if the .146 sight blade is proper, thanks.***

I just made a killer deal on a lightly used 3" 624 no dash (ALW prefix so I'm going to assume it came from Lew Horton), sending off an email to Mr. Earl just for giggles. The gun came without grips. I have a set of Pachmayr Compacs for a K frame, they don't fit at the top of grip frame. I laid a set of K round service grips on it and they lined up perfectly except at the top of the frame-which I expected. Do I need the N compacs?

Also the mainspring screw extends just the slightest out the front of the frame as in the photo below (yes, it's completely seated). Is this normal? I looked on Numrich's site and the only mainspring screws they show are for square butt frames-is there really a difference, or I'm concerned over nothing?

Also this has a plain black rear sight leaf-assuming the white outline got changed out sometime in it's journey through numerous owners. I have a spare new in the package .146 white outline-is that the correct size for gun?

Thanks in advance for the help. I'll put up a pic of the gun after I clean it up tonight.

Last edited by S&W Fan; 04-16-2018 at 04:01 PM.