View Single Post

Old 04-14-2018, 08:03 PM

Liked 5,581 Times in 1,955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoboGunLeather View Post
One of the methods I have used to minimize leading issues has been to apply a light coating of pure white lithium grease (auto supply houses, about $4 per 8-oz. tube), wiped on with my fingers prior to loading and seating the bullets. This little bit of added lubrication performs well beyond any expectation! Lithium grease is a premium lubricant, not affected by the usual powder flame temperatures, and having a melting point well beyond anything seen in small arms ammunition. I can apply a thin film of lithium grease to bullets while watching the TV news, completing 500 or more within an hour.

mind a bit of leading with lead bullets, I just plan on dealing with it at the cleaning bench later on. Not the end of the world at all. Just a few more strokes with the proper tools to keep your pistol in prime condition.
Lithium grease is oil based. Since oil can seriously affect the powder burning I would guess this would be a bad practice.

I DO mind leading. ANY extra strokes are unwarranted in my mind.

With the proper lubrication, lead alloy, bullet diameter vs. the barrel, and bullet velocity there should be no leading.
The Following User Likes This Post: