View Single Post

Old 04-14-2018, 08:29 PM

Liked 289 Times in 166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
That's a fair question....I pose it to you..why does one need a AR? Not for hunting, not for target practice....Expecting an invasion?..a revolution?..and even if an invasion or a revolution came about your AR will be worthless against drones, tanks, rocket launchers, and other military grade weapons....
The ownership of the rifle 'symbolically' preserves the 2nd amendment. That is its real purpose and how it can defeat all that violence which could in theory be used against a citizenry.

The fact we are able to own the rifle means the 2nd Amendment is a REAL constitutional right not a neutered one.

Our founding fathers intended us to own weapons of military (militia) service.

They also assumed the average citizen would be of good moral character and social discipline to join together as needed.

The reason you should own an AR is to 'keep' your rights intact. A right is not preserved if it is NOT exercised.

Here in NY they are neutering our rights one at a time. Speech included through social pressure. If you choose to accept the laws as is (and advocate your views at social and financial risk) because you agree that you must abide by the social compact your representative governments have made. They can legislate and regulate your rights.

Good luck to you in the free states. IF I overstepped the bounds of conversation I apologize.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: