View Single Post

Old 04-15-2018, 07:29 AM

Liked 132 Times in 71 Posts
Default .38 S&W WARNING!!!

Hi fellas, I'm wondering if some obliging S&W Aficionado who is handy with a Camera would do me a small but potentially crucial favor....

I need some clear pictures of a modern .38 S&W Ammo Package; showing the Calibre, Brand and most importantly the Warning not to use Modern Ammo in old, faulty or Antique Guns.

From what I'm told there is such a warning on Ammo packaging and i may well need these pics to get the State Troopers off my back.

I'm in (Tasmania) Australia and we cant even get .38 S&W Ammo here, but I'm being hounded about my Pre 1899 Top Breaks and their Legality here. If I can show that modern .38 S&W is not strictly the Ammo that my TBs were made to fire, all will be good.

Now i know some of you guys use Modern Ammo in old Guns and I'm not wanting to start a debate on the subject; I just need some pics to show that my ole Smiths are kosher with our (insanely strict) Firearms Laws here.

If somebody has a pack of 38 Smith and can get some nice, clear shots showing those details, i would be much obliged.

yours in Antique S&Ws!!

Still the Best S&W Forum around by a Country Mile!
The Following User Likes This Post: