View Single Post

Old 04-15-2018, 12:48 PM

Liked 1,672 Times in 592 Posts

Near as I can tell the difference between the PD and the M&P is that the M&P has a stainless cylinder and the PD has a titanium cylinder. I have an M&P340 and love it. The issue I've heard of with the titanium cylinders is that the titanium gets eaten up if you fire bullets lighter than 120 grains which is not really a problem. Saw a rant on here a few years ago by the owner of one of the titanium guns who complained that after his instructor had fired a box of 110's through his pistol the front of the cylinder was pretty badly eroded. In his pics you could plainly see where it said on the barrel to use 120 grain or heavier bullets. Nice instructor. Obviously a lot of help for that guy. By the way, the airweights really don't recoil very badly. What they do is transmit the shock to your hand pretty efficiently. While it is unpleasant, the gun itself is NOT bucking around out of control making follow up shots difficult which I think is what a lot of guys envision. I notice in the pic above that there is no warning on that barrel. It looks like an earlier version so maybe they hadn't come with the warnings yet.

Last edited by 1sailor; 04-15-2018 at 07:26 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: