View Single Post

Old 04-15-2018, 01:16 PM

Liked 9,019 Times in 3,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by m657 View Post
[slight thread drift]
one of the 'better/cheaper' changes I've made in my own reloading process, was to abandon the paper labels. I've taken to using a sharpie to write the load specs on the plastic box, which helps me more than the paper labels ever did. A little suitable magic fluid will allow easy removal of such if I reuse with different load data.

To assist in managing use of various loads, I use different colors of sharpie along with listing the powder type/charge/fps. It may be quite some time between loading a specific box and actual use. Without having to dither about recipe details, I can take a variety of boxes (say, my 'blue load' and my 'black load' and my 'red load') depending on the range/field needs of the moment. Works for me, YMMV.
I rather write on something I can cover over or remove as my loads change. But I do use different colored Sharpies when working up some ladders, testing different powder charges for the most consistent groups. I will use different colored Sharpies to tint the primers of the different powder loads for easy identification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike, SC Hunter View Post
Simple solution. I buy the stick-on labels from wally world. Cheap. Works great.
Yes, I've done that myself, but I also like the Dillon labels and since I was making an order for the conversion kit I figured I would pick up another 100 pack of labels. But not at that added shipping cost.