Thread: Engraved S&W
View Single Post

Old 04-15-2018, 02:04 PM

Liked 1,923 Times in 956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPac View Post
Engraved gun value will depend greatly on the quality and style of engraving along with who did it, and then the completeness and originality of the package.

= very subjective

You would need to find a collector who likes scratched up guns to get the most money. Most just don't care for them and therefore won't pay any premium to obtain them. It's a small niche for engraved guns.
I respectfully disagree. Most like engraved guns, but can't or won't pay up for them. Count me as one that likes engraving,provided it is well done.That takes some experience in evaluating.Bottom line-it has to speak to you.
Regarding the original grips for it, I would think that smooth target grips could also have been on it.
"A" engraving is the highest level of coverage done for standard production guns(not special order guns) ."B"and "C" have less.
1979 might have been the era when a lot of engraving work was done in Italy.Others here can better answer that.
I doubt that the casing is factory.I'm no aware of factory cases in that era for other than the larger L frame guns. I also have some doubts that the grips are actually ivory.

Last edited by Camster; 04-15-2018 at 02:18 PM.