View Single Post

Old 04-15-2018, 02:19 PM

Liked 349 Times in 161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSH View Post
Well, mine is a TCF-prefix 4506, built in late-1988. I am the third owner (that I am aware of).

Interesting note: When I bought the 4506, it came with a second adjustable sights slide and barrel. I was told that the original owner had long ago bought the AS slide & barrel, but never actually used it. The second owner (the gentleman who sold it to me) never used it either. I was warned that it may not be of the same vintage/revision and to have it checked out by a gunsmith before trying to use it. I never bothered.

I know that JohnHL and probably others could solve that mystery in about 2 seconds, but I'm not a funky wings adjustable sights fan. I'm just fine with the fixed sights, even if not Novaks.
since mine is a TDA, and it looks just like yours, I would assume that within this prefix range, there were not any cosmetic differences. (If it is safe to assume that S&W worked its prefixes in this ascending order) Also, very interestingly, my 5904 is TCF prefix!!! Do you suppose it is a late 1988 too? Were they running the same prefix along all models/calibers?? as for the spare slide/barrel, hold on to it friend!! Much better investment than money!!!
The Following User Likes This Post: