View Single Post

Old 04-16-2018, 06:06 PM

Liked 1,742 Times in 585 Posts

I've been trying my best to help Remington out. I think their designs are sound, at least their pistols anyway, but they really need to pull out the ISO9001 handbook and brush up a bit on quality management. The R51 Gen2 should have been the best 9mm pistol available anywhere after the first go-around but they still have more issues with the mags and a few other areas.

The RM380 is an absolute gem. Thankfully all they did to the Rohrbaugh design was to add a slide lock and move the mag release to a conventional position.

As for their R1 line of 1911s, I think I want one of each model and caliber. My R1 enhanced 9mm has me grinning from ear to ear with the way it performs every time I take it to the range. I'll admit I had to tune the extractor along with replacing the firing pin stop to tame down the erratic ejection but now it spits casings out into a pile no larger than 3 feet in diameter and 3 feet away. Had one grip start to de-lam in one spot so they're sending me a new set. Other than that it's superb for a production 1911 at it's price point. Also, even though it's a series 80, the trigger is fantastic with very minimal take-up/creep and a 3-3/4# crisp break.

Can't speak for their RP9 or RP45. Those are the only pistols of theirs I can't bring myself to want as they're BRICKS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg remall.jpg (209.3 KB, 6 views)
The Following User Likes This Post: