View Single Post

Old 04-17-2018, 12:00 AM

Liked 2,249 Times in 1,032 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Brown View Post
Couldn't you accomplish the same effect by just not using the hammer to cock the gun when you shoot it? That would save you the cost of the surgery on the gun and preserve the single action function If you ever decide to sell it.
The case for the double action only revolver. - www.GrantCunningham.com www.GrantCunningham.com

I have no plans to purchase a bodyguard since I see the centennial as being a far superior defense weapon. I believe Bethencourt prefers the bodyguard solely for the ability to do "ready to fire" tests like checking for high primers. I just don't think that feature outweighs the advantages of the internal hammer in self-defense applications and he is definitely in the minority amongst defensive shooting instructors in his preference of the bodyguard frame over the centennial. You do also have the ability to holster/reholster with your thumb on the hammer with a bodyguard that you can't do with the hammerless models, which some might consider safer and a benefit, but I just don't see the need considering the long and heavy trigger, but to each his own.
The Following User Likes This Post: