View Single Post

Old 04-17-2018, 05:46 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,872 Times in 2,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
I think the RCMP issued the 5946 or 5943. Isn't that what the Sgt at Arms of the Canadian Parliament used to stop the attack a couple of years ago?

As I recall the 59xx is no longer issued to NYPD, but those that have them still can carry them. Well, as I recall from a different part of the forum, there is at least one NYPD Sgt still carrying a S&W revolver.

LAPD still authorizes officers to carry 3rd Gens, and again I remember a recent thread where an officer recertified with a 4506.

Are the WVSP still using their Melonite 4566TSWs?

There are probably small agencies and individual officers with discerning taste in firearms that still have 3rd Gens in their holsters.

Then there's us!
I was the one who started that NYPD sergeant with the Model 10. That was probably 2 years or so ago. Maybe 3, so he’s probably retired. But either way, revolvers are officially retired from the NYPD. None are authorized for duty carry. Anymore. I believe off duty is still Ok, but I’m sure a NyPd guy will confirm that. It’s a shame. Wouldn’t have been much longer that anybody with a duty wheel gun was gonna retire anyway. 1992 was the last time they were issued. Should have let guys retire with what they came on with.
The Following User Likes This Post: