View Single Post

Old 04-17-2018, 10:03 AM

Liked 5,212 Times in 1,315 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWalt View Post
The following number on mine is 8. I have not seen anything identifying that a number following the month and year ID letters is a sequential manufacture number. The usual references say that the number is a customer repair stamp, but I don't understand exactly what that means. I have seen two-letter date stamps with no following number, and also followed with one and two digit numbers. For a well-selling model, if it is a monthly sequential manufacture number it could easily go into three or even four digits, and I have never seen anything like that.
Recently purchased a 1977 Remington 572. The barrel date code is on the left side of barrel of Remington rifles near the reciever. It will be alpha code with one or two letters for year and another letter for month. There are on-line sites that you can use to decipher the code. Keep in mind that the codes repeat every ten years so a later rifle of the same model could have the same code.

The older tube magazine .22's that shoot short, long or long rifle are great. You can put them in together. I have the 572 and a Marlin 39A. Lots of fun and very accurate.

Last edited by VaTom; 04-17-2018 at 10:05 AM.