View Single Post

Old 04-17-2018, 05:14 PM

Liked 2,109 Times in 860 Posts

The original 340PD's had a Scandium frame with a titanium cylinder and a red insert front sight. About 11oz. As with any new gun there were people that used the wrong chemicals and damaged the Ti finish and sent the gun to S&W and I believe S&W put a stainless steel cylinder as a replacement for the Titanium.
On mine I have the Crimson Trace LG 405 grips and the little pocket at the backstrap helps with felt recoil. I have absolutely no problems shooting factory 38sp. loads 100 per session at distance 30'-150'. A week back a customer brought his 360PD with a stainless cylinder and big dot front sight. Even with the exposed backstrap the gun was no problem for either of us recoil wise.
We both felt mine with the ramp sight was a bit more accurate as the Big Dot is great for point shooting but at 25 yds. pretty much useless on a standard 50' bullseye target.
I carry Speer 135 gr, gold Dots and they shoot POI at 30'. Yes I have shot .357's and they are doable but followup shots are not that easy and what's the point anyway?
I have a lock and it does not bother me in the least. As a RSO I have seen hundreds of thousands of rounds fired from S&W's with the lock and never once a failure or problem of any kind. I would expect bullet jump to be the most probable problem but factory ammo or roll crimped handloads should never be of concern.

The Following User Likes This Post: