View Single Post

Old 04-17-2018, 08:43 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 37,340 Times in 4,590 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamarw View Post
This is the only customized one I have, and I just bought it last month. It is a customized Model 10-7 for PPC shooting. It is basically like new, and appears not to of been fired. It came from the St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana Law Enforcement as a police trade-in. It was customized by Master Gunsmith Ken Eversull featuring a 6" slabbed sided, heavy contour custom barrel and a Bill Davis custom sight rib manufactured by Aristocrat. The rib has rear windage adjustments and front sliding elevation adjustments preset for 7, 25, & 50 yards. It is specially tuned for double action shooting. The hammer has been bobbed and has and installed trigger stop. It weights approx. 3 lbs. & 10 oz.

It want win on looks but if all of you had the chance to pull its trigger, you just might vote for it. I paid $584.00 for the revolver at a Law Enforcement Distributor's Auction. They sold 6 or 7 of them from the same law enforcement agency over about a month's period of time. Not sure what the story was on this group of revolvers. All were either Model 10-6 or 10-7 if I recall correctly. I don't think Mr. Eversull has done this kind of work for many years.
I am traveling on vacation now, but I have something very similar. I took a model 15-3 in 1978 and sent it to John Towle( TNT Arms, N Conway ,NH). I had a round( could have had slab sided) 6" Douglas Premium barrel fitted to it, the latch was milled into the 1.2" dia bbl. A full lenth Bomar rib was installed with rear windage and elevation. The cylinder was air spun until it was all polished on the crane. Then the cylinders were opened for full wadcutters on speed loaders. The action was tuned and mirror polished as was the hammer and trigger. The trigger is smooth, I did not bob the hammer. A coil spring for the hammer was installed. I forget what it weighs, but it is plenty, but man can this thing punch holes in paper
The Following 3 Users Like Post: