View Single Post

Old 04-17-2018, 11:26 PM

Liked 3,903 Times in 1,519 Posts

All I have to say here is that anyone who carries any kind of pocket gun should never, ever, carry anything else in that pocket other than some kind of pocket holster. No coins, no nothing, ever! To do so is just not smart! I have carried a snub in a pocket without a holster before I knew better. I did wise up and remove the hammer spur on that J Frame revolver so that it would not hang up on removal in a hurry. But I found out right away that sometimes the little revolver would get crooked in my pocket and be difficult to remove quickly. This was in the days before the pocket holsters we take for granted became available.

I fabricated one for myself and things got better. I then began to modify the design to make things even better and pretty soon I had a pretty safe and reliable way to carry in my pocket and keep the revolver in pretty much the same position all the time. But the first thing I found out when I began to carry in my pockets was that anything else in that pocket other than the gun, and later my fabricated holster for it, tended to complicate things exponentially. Please don't carry anything else in that pocket where you carry the gun. The lint that sometimes collects can be and should be blown or brushed gently off every day of carry at the end of the day. The gun should then be wiped down with a soft cloth that has a light application of oil, etc, to protect against fingerprints and moisture that tends to collect on the gun during the day, especially when it's warm and salty perspiration collects inside the pocket. It's just common sense to perform this necessary maintenance if you carry in your pocket or IWB for that matter.