View Single Post

Old 04-18-2018, 09:01 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 925 Times in 298 Posts

Here is an inspection guide as well. I would recommend that you check all of this out. You can google any particular measurement to get a better feel as to how to do it if needed. I sent a 29-2 to the factory with a binding issue after it was fired 3 times. The cylinder would not rotate freely when the hammer was cocked. They worked on it, cost me $150 and damn if if it still did it when I got it back. So I measured everything 3 times myself and determined the barrel to cylinder gap was too much (.009 which was S&W's new spec as they had increase it over the years). I bought some cylinder shims, set the gap to .004, verified everything else was good, and the gun functions perfectly. And I did it! Find a quiet place and check everything as listed in the inspection guide and then take her apart and look it over closely. That video posted above is an excellent resource. If you find the issue and it requires an armorer to correct, then send it back to S&W and let them know what you think it might be. In the meantime you now know the N frame real good. Good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf S&W_revolver_inspection.pdf (195.4 KB, 54 views)