View Single Post

Old 04-18-2018, 09:21 AM

Liked 5,380 Times in 2,710 Posts

About tritium sights.....my experience is that the only one you need is the front sight, they're available separately from Brownells. I find I greatly prefer a firearm mounted light to night sights-it's much better to identify your target first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpg6 View Post
Oh, yeah. What does it mean to prep the trigger?
OK, long ago a speed technique for very close range revolver shooting was know as "the stroke". The trigger stroke started as the firearm was coming up and completed as the firearm aligns with the target. It was dropped from training because of questionable shootings that blamed the system. Or lawsuit settlements that blamed the system.

On the other hand, prepping the trigger-with a revolver and if and only if the decision to fire has already been made-involves preloading the trigger with, say 1/3 or so the pressure needed to fire it, once it's coming up on the target. You should be aware of the pressure on the trigger. The trigger stroke is completed after sight verification. The long travel and weight of the DA trigger stroke makes this possible with relative safety, but requires practice.

The method with semis is similar, but the margin for error is greatly reduced. It's best reserved for very highly skilled people shooting in competition (or a war) where an errant shot-in a safe direction- is pretty much a non-event.

Real world, except at bad breath distance, either technique is probably best ignored as the difference in times only matters when you're being scored on hundredths/thousandths of a second.

Last edited by WR Moore; 04-18-2018 at 02:07 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: