View Single Post

Old 04-18-2018, 04:10 PM

Liked 3,495 Times in 1,485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by C J View Post
Sorry but I don't agree. I have a Taurus that will shoot insanely accurate. I have shot empty .45 casings at 20 yards with it and I hit every one I shot at first try. At 25 yards it starts to drift off a small amount. I missed at that distance by about half an inch. The further out the bullet goes the less accurate it is but out to 25 yards it will shoot with any handgun I own including a Sig P220 and a 629 with the 8 3/8" barrel.

Some modern handguns do extremely well at prices that most consider junk gun levels. They aren't junk guns. They are made for a purpose and that purpose isn't to look at. That Taurus is the most comfortable hand gun in my hand that I own. It recoils better than my Sig by a big margin. And it holds more ammo in a smaller package. The truth is the Sig P220 is not what most think of as a traditional gun. It's a more modern design and that gun is simply fantastic out to about 50 yards when it comes to accuracy.
Actually the Sig P220 has been around for quite some time and certainly before C&C machining was common in the firearm's industry. Being metal, it is traditional. Glad you think your Taurus (which model?) is more accurate than your S&W 629 with 8 3/8" barrel. My S&W 629-3 with 5" barrel may be the most accurate factory centerfire production handgun that I own. That being said, since I reload, I would never consider using .45 spent brass for targets!