View Single Post

Old 04-18-2018, 07:04 PM

Liked 640 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Actually the Sig P220 has been around for quite some time and certainly before C&C machining was common in the firearm's industry. Being metal, it is traditional. Glad you think your Taurus (which model?) is more accurate than your S&W 629 with 8 3/8" barrel. My S&W 629-3 with 5" barrel may be the most accurate factory centerfire production handgun that I own.
I know the P220 is all metal (real metal). I was thinking it hasn't been around as long as the 1911 or S&W revolvers etc.. Compared to those it's a relative newcomer.

BTW I never said the Taurus was more accurate than my 629. I said it was "as accurate" and it is out to about 25 yards. But I bounce a gallon jug around all day with my 629 at 175 yards. Probably in the hands of a better shooter it would shoot accurate farther than that. It's plenty accurate. But you have to admit shooting .45 casings at 20 yards is pretty accurate. What I really like about the Taurus is the way I can empty a mag into a 8" target at 20 yards in 10 seconds. It's a PT-145 BTW - I thought I mentioned that but obviously I didn't - I meant to put that in my post.