View Single Post

Old 04-18-2018, 07:11 PM

Liked 441 Times in 81 Posts

I have a 340pd and 2 Kimber K6s'. In dress slacks, a 340pd is hard to beat. I am in and out of my vehicle all day long. Sitting in my car, at a meeting, etc. When I am wearing jeans and a dress vest, or something more casual, which I am old enough to get away with nowadays and I own my own company, I carry one of my Kimbers IWB.

I have the DCR and also the lasergrip model with nightsights. I tend to carry the lasergrip model when I know I will be indoors a lot and use the FO sighted DCR on days when I am outside more. Oftentimes, even when I carry the K6s as a primary, the 340pd will ride in an ankle hlster as I do not even notice it there because of its light weight.

I have to stick with either 158 grain SWC or Gold Dot .38+p in the 340pd, but in the Kimbers, I carry Buffalo Bore 158gr LSWCHP +p .38 Special or Sig 125gr .357 loads, which are both easy to shoot. I love my Kimbers. I will buy a 3" soon as well.

Interestingly, the slim wood boot grip of the DCR Kimber is the easiest to control with hot rounds. The lasergrip on my other gun is not near as comfortable under recoil. It does not keep me from carrying or practicing with it just as much, but that little wood boot grip that the Kimber DCR has is just perfect for me.

If I had to choose one, it would be the Kimber. The sights are amazing, the trigger just works for me, the accuracy is great, it is just hefty enough to shoot quickly and accurately with heavy loads. I like the 340pd, but I LOVE the K6s.
The Following User Likes This Post: